Friday, August 22, 2008

health exam

As part of my health insurance I can get an "executive" health exam each year. I can't get an "executive" salary, but I guess a health exam is the next best thing. So I went this morning. It was a pretty comprehensive exam and included an EKG, eye test, hearing test, blood test, etc. I'll let you know if I have any diseases when I get the results back.



One part of the exam involved examining my lung capacity, or something to do with my lungs. The instructions were to take my biggest inward breath then blow the air out as hard and fast as I could into a large tube. So I wanted to perform at my best and was hoping to set a record of some sort. So I got 3 tries and on my 2nd try I was blowing so hard that I caused a severe muscle strain in my neck. It kills! Ironically, I was injured during my health exam. Then the nurse got the report and said my relative age, based on my lung test, was 60. What a joke!

8 comments:

Kori said...

Greg I feel your pain. I tried to measure my lung capacity using my grandpa's machine when he was in the hospital and I couldn't even get it to were my grandpa was supose to get it to. Although I didn't pull any muscle doing it.:}

Lezli said...

You'll have to give up smoking. . .

Angie said...

That is some funny stuff Craig! I was lol-ing all the way home. Maybe you need to work out more you skinny ethopian.

Kirstin said...

Susan... I am blog stalking today and found you and am so darn excited. How are you? I am so happy you got to have an executive health exam. Who doesn't want one of those? You look amazing and beautiful. I will need to look through more of your blog, but was so excited that I just found you that I immediately had to leave a comment! I am adding you as a friend on my blog right now whether you like it or not!!!! Take care and I hope to hear from you! I miss you girly! Love you,
Kirstin De Castro Anderson

Kirstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstin said...

OK...So I am dumb....it was Greg who had the executive health exam...but Greg, I am excited that you got to do that as well. Tell Sue I say HI....
-Kirstin

Jessie said...

SUSAN! So Kirstin is a blog stalker and knows that I like to blog stalk too, so she called me after she found your blog! I haven't talked to you since you first got engaged, so I am excited to have "found" you! I hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.